Monday, March 8, 2010

MC Yogi


This guy is amazing.

Statistically speaking, he and I should have crossed paths at another time and on another continent, but given the strange way the Universe works, we didn't.

We lived within a few miles of each other and knew many of the same people, yet our lives didn't connect until recently. I was in Paris, feeling alone and worried about my little 12 year old guruji. I got on the mat, asked Ganesha for guidance and the next thing that happened is one of my Parisian students (the amazing Claire!) sent me this: Give Love.

MC Yogi (aka Nicholas Giacomini) and his beautiful and equally talented wife, Amanda, own Yoga Toes yoga studio in Point Reyes Station, CA. They are offering the world an extraordinary gift simply by just doing what they do: teach yoga, play music, make visual art, and at times view the world through the lens of their dog.

How can you not love these people?

We're hoping to get MC Yogi and Amanda G. here in 2011. Paris could use a dose of their medicine.